Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kitchen Makeover

My least favorite thing about my cute house is the long, skinny kitchen with the washer and dryer at the end. Not that I am complaining because I love having a washer and dryer and everyday I feel so lucky to have one in my house. And even though the kitchen is small, it is at least 4 times bigger than my previous apartment kitchen. But I figured it would be pretty cheap and easy to change the two things I disliked most: the old, dirty cupboards and this hideous, plaid curtain separting the kitchen from the washer and dryer.
Before:




After:




It was a lot more work than I thought it would be. I had to do 7-8 coats and of course, you have to paint both sides. The painting isn't the hard part. It's the waiting between coats. It took 5 days to get the job done but it was worth it. I love how much more clean and open my kitchen looks.



I sewed the curtains with fabric I found on sale at Jo-Ann's. I don't miss that ugly plaid curtain at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment