Thursday, November 26, 2009

Help!

I found a tutorial on how to make roman blinds on a blog and I was so excited to try it out. Our neighbors can see right through our back door windows and I have been wanting to do something to cover the windows. It seemed like a fairly inexpensive project because you use very little fabric and the $3 blinds from Target. But, now that I have put all the work into making them, I am very dissapointed. I don't think I like the fabric anymore. When I first brought it home, Peter said it looked like something from IKEA, and ever since then I can't help but think IKEA everytime I look at them. (Nothing against IKEA, its just too retro/modern for me) And the tutorial told me to use glue to glue the fabric to the blind. Doesn't work! It doesn't hold well and it is hard to create straight lines when you aren't ironing and sewing.

I hate when you put money and time into a project and then you don't like the end result. You can't just take it back.




Any suggestions on how I can improve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment