Monday, October 31, 2011

Peacock Costume and Halloween Outfit

Man, I love holidays! I got a little carried away with Halloween this year. Not only did I make Laura a costume, but I also made her a little Halloween outfit. I splurged on the peacock costume and spent around $20. Unfortunantly, there is no cheap substitute for feathers so I had to do it. And as much as I don't like spending money, I felt like this costume was so worth it.



Laura went trick or treating with her friend tonight. These two girls are the best of friends.

I helped her mother sew her costume since she had an idea of what she wanted but has never sewn anything before. She was an alien and she looked so cute. The only thing better than a toddler dressed up for Halloween is two toddlers dressed up for Halloween. I envy mothers who have twins. I'm sure it is a lot of work, but it's got to be all worth it when you get to make two adorable coordinating costumes.


Her halloween shirt and skirt were made from an old knit skirt that I don't wear anymore, an old black sheet that we no longer use, and some scraps of white and black polka dot. I used freeer paper to stencil on the skeleton. Laura loves her shirt. When I showed it to her, she said, "It's my pirate shirt!" I didn't even know she knew that word!

No comments:

Post a Comment