Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trees

We just got back from a very fun summer spent in New Hampshire. I lived less than an hour away from my sister, her five kids, and her big house that she just moved in to. I don't know what was more fun: spending time with my sister or decorating her house. (She is pregnant with #6 and is under doctor's orders to be off her feet most of the day. Unfortunantly for her, and fortunantly for me, that means that she needed someone to help with home decor projects in their beautiful new home.)

This was one of my favorite things we did:

I got the idea from this blog: http://thelovelylittlethings.blogspot.com/2011_05_01_archive.htm.
I drew the trees with a pencil on the wall and then filled it in with white paint. I think it turned out so cute. I want to do some in Laura's room. Do you think my landlord would appreciate some free tree artwork in his home?

We painted this bench yellow and made some pillows for it that matched the quilt that we made for their bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment