Friday, April 29, 2011

Maternity Clothes and Birthday Party Aprons

I made this skirt a while ago, but I've loved it so much I just had to share. I found a tutorial (http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2010/03/refashioned-jeans-to-maternity-skirt.html)for making jeans into a maternity skirt. I used a pair of jeans that I found at a thrift store for $ and an old T-shirt. The project was simple, fast and turned out so well. The next day I made a pair of maternity pants out of an old pair I had sitting around. I don't think I will ever buy maternity pants/skirts again. It is so much cheaper to make them, and they fit better. Sorry, the pics are horrible. Peter is the worst photographer in the world, I think. I tried to take these myself which is almost as bad as having Peter take them. You get the idea though.




And here is a picture of the cute little aprons and chef hats I made for Laura's birthday party. I had so much fun making these up. I figure they were a pretty cheap party favor since I didn't have to buy anything and just used bright fabric scraps that were left over from making my birthday banner. My favorite is the one little boy's apron who got a jean pocket to make it more manly.



1 comment:

  1. Hi! (I can't believe there are not other comments on this blog posting!) I'm friends with Liz in Cambridge and she told me about how creative you are! The aprons and chef hats idea is the most adorable thing I think I've ever seen. I'm so impressed with your 'Martha Stewart' skills- amazing!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete