Thursday, September 9, 2010

This and That

I had book club at my house last week and we discussed "The Great Divorce." The book is awesome and I give it 5 stars. It is a very inspiring book that tells the story of a man who finds himself in Hell and learns what he must do to make it to Heaven. I tried to make our refreshments match the theme. i don't have any serving trays so I spent a few dollars at Goodwill buying candlestick holders and plates. Then I spray painted the candlestick holders and glued them to the bottom of plates to create some fun serving platters.



I made this apron for myself a while ago out of an old pillowcase I bought at an estate sale for a quarter. I had some extra left over so I made an apron for Laura. I know it was a waste of time because she could care less, but it just looks so cute hanging on a hook in my kitchen.



I made this little green polka dot halter dress for Laura a while ago. It is still my favorite. I am going to be sad when summer is over and she can't wear her cute summer dresses anymore.


I bought a big gold framed mirror at a yard sale for $2. I used my $1 spray paint from Wal-Mart and painted it red. I love spray paint. This is a horrible picture, but I think it turned out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment